Things are quiet here, uneventful, but there have been happy developments this week. I got four new classes (!), which means that I now have 17 classes, and each class needs an individual and specialized plan. It’s like having 17 jobs. That’s a lot of work, and I refuse to use a book, so I make all my materials myself. I know I make it harder on myself but I feel like using a book is cheating, and also no fun. Anyway, with these new additions, if I have a month where nobody cancels and there are no holidays (which won’t happen, but it’s nice to dream), I could feasibly make about 650 euros. Sweet! I can finally afford my rent!
In other news, I am starting a month-long feasting extravaganza. It began today with the spiced plum cake I baked, like the one Julia used to bring to Adrienne’s every Christmas. Sooo good. Also on the menu before Christmas arrives:
– Thanksgiving dinner for me + friends (turkey breast fillets, au gratin potatoes, pumpkin bars, etc.)
– Hanukkah dinner for me + friends (potato pancakes, brisket, applesauce, etc.)
– Chicken pot pie (I have four pounds of celery to use up, so…)
– Rum balls!
– Almond crescent cookies
– Chocolate-dipped shortbread fingers
– Toll House chocolate chip cookies
– Cheese ball?
– Shrimp cocktail
– Rum apple cider
I’m sure there’ll be more to come. Let the extravaganza begin!